Like Most Massachusetts correctional Librarians, I teach prisoners a cognitive-thinking seminar called ABLE MINDS.
At present I’m trying to get published an article I wrote on our five years using Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings.
We’ve been teaching Cindy Blinn’s ABLE MINDS program at Norfolk since 2005. That’s a long time.
We’ll talk about:
- Books that we’ve used
- How many inmates have successfully completed the Course
- What THINK FIRST and ABLE MINDS actually stand for
- Who Dr. Cynthia Blinn is
- What “earned good conduct credit” means
- The differences between the introductory and advanced presentations we give
- What it’s like working with an inmate course assistant
- How hard it is to get a laptop & digital projector approved bought & received to do a simple PowerPoint presentation
- What the Program actually means to the prisoners who learn to apply the THINK FIRST mechanism
- …and a bunch of other stuff.
Right now, I need to get some serious shut-eye.